This episode is about getting the listener to understand the reasons why they should start a business, or side hustle as soon as possible.
The podcast covers:
- Statistics behind the millennial generation what trends pop up when it comes to entrepreneurship
- In the UK the services business are the biggest, where professional and scientific services dominant. Of all businesses, the microbusinesses (0 – 9 staff) dominant 96% of the market of businesses, yet contribute only 20% of employment.
- Oxfam showed reports that 62 in 2016 own more money than 50% of the world’s poorest population
- Moore’s Law states that a computer’s power doubles every 18 – 24 months; bearing this in mind we need to cognizant of how machines are taking over our jobs slowly
- Men are 3 times more likely to commit suicide than women in the UK reported by the Office of National statistics. 6,122 suicides were reported, that is 16 people a day (if you or anyone you know has suicidal thoughts, please click this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/
- The average UK household income is £26,000, and average house prices in the UK it is set at £216,750 (times that by 3 and you have London figures) – affordability is not easy
People want to start a business for the following reason:
- The opportunity for financial freedom
- Solving a problem for an audience
- Having greater autonomy
- The chance to be challenged
- Leaving a legacy
Hopefully, the information in this podcast should be enough to persuade you to start a business.